Paddy Manning, local resident and journalist (business editor for Crikey, writing on business, energy and environmental issues) has written a well-researched and thorough article on the future of Malabar Headland:
For his June 10 article, Paddy talked to David Leyonhjelm, Liberal Democrat Senator-elect for NSW, about his stated determination to secure tenure at Malabar Headland for the NSW Rifle Association.
Paddy recorded video interviews with a number of people and the article includes a link to an edited video (6 mins 41 secs) of these interviews. The video is well worth watching for his interviews with:
- Peter Garrett, former Federal MP for Kingsford-Smith
- John Fitzgerald, the President of the NSW Rifle Association
- Donna Wright from the South East Equestrian Association
- Don Kerr, founding member of and spokesperson for Friends of Malabar Headland and bush regeneration team leader
- Donna Negus, a competitive shooter who has been training and competing at the Headland for many years
- local residents
Link to the Youtube Video embedded in the article:
Crikey is an independent news website featuring commentary on politics, media, business, culture and technology. Its well known contributors include politics editor Bernard Keane and business editor Paddy Manning.