Paddy Manning, local resident and journalist (business editor for Crikey, writing on business, energy and environmental issues) has written a well-researched and thorough article on the future of Malabar Headland:
For his June 10 article, Paddy talked to David Leyonhjelm, Liberal Democrat Senator-elect for NSW, about his stated determination to secure tenure at Malabar Headland for the NSW Rifle Association.
Paddy recorded video interviews with a number of people and the article includes a link to an edited video (6 mins 41 secs) of these interviews. The video is well worth watching for his interviews with:
- Peter Garrett, former Federal MP for Kingsford-Smith
- John Fitzgerald, the President of the NSW Rifle Association
- Donna Wright from the South East Equestrian Association
- Don Kerr, founding member of and spokesperson for Friends of Malabar Headland and bush regeneration team leader
- Donna Negus, a competitive shooter who has been training and competing at the Headland for many years
- local residents
Link to the Youtube Video embedded in the article:
Crikey is an independent news website featuring commentary on politics, media, business, culture and technology. Its well known contributors include politics editor Bernard Keane and business editor Paddy Manning.
Please refer to my Facebook page – link from website – ( bonditocoogeewalk.com.au ). I published the article with some comments a couple of days ago. If you have info or images available I’d be happy to publish it on the web site and social media.